Until recently, proper equipment sterilization was only practiced by bigger hospitals. The smaller clinics relied heavily on sterilizing liquid that was available in the market. Proper sterilization methods are now a growing trend across the medical industry. Not only are they being practiced efficiently, but sterilization services are also hired from outsourced companies who specialize in the field. In order to cater to the needs of the medical industry, Gibraltar Laboratories offers professional services for equipment sterilization. If you are looking for a stable and trusted contractor who could provide you top quality service, Gibraltar Laboratories is the name you must call. Being in the industry for 43 years, we have the experience that is required to conduct sterile processing at its best.
Besides being a responsible contractor, we take pride in the staff members we hire. They are knowledgeable, educated and fully aware of all methods which make them competent to provide services that are hard to find elsewhere. In case of any concerns or queries, you can contact our technicians readily. Their welcoming attitude will put you at ease even before you finalize the deal.
Sterile processing is systematic and involves a number of steps. At Gibraltar Laboratories, we ensure that the process is efficiently followed so as to bring you the best equipment sterilization services available in town. No matter who you contact for medical sterilization, the following steps are a given. If you find a specialist not going by the rules, it is time you hire someone else.
- All medical instruments subjected to sterilization must be cleaned to ensure that they bear no residual matter such as blood, tissues, etc.
- Once clean, rinse the equipment thoroughly for 30 seconds and leave them to dry
- Then place the dried equipment in sterilization pouches and label each pouch with the name of the instrument, the date and the initials of the person conducting the process. Also ensure that all pouches are sealed.
- During sterile processing, make sure that all surgical instruments are apart and do not overlap.
- If there are any canisters being sterilized, invert them such that water does not get accumulated in them. Also, remember not to overload the sterilization trays. This will lower the efficacy of equipment sterilization.
- Lastly, maintain a record of all sterilization procedures that are carried out in a log sheet along with the name of the operator, the date and the type of sterile processing method used.